Saturday 27 April 2013

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop, or challenge forms and conventions of a real media products.


Article page slide share below.




Contents page. 















for my contents page I decided to make it similar to a Q magazine. I know that Q is not focused on the hip hop genre but however ranges to all genre so i thought it was appropriate for me to use it as influence for my contents page. As you can see below is the contents page of a Q magazine although one page is used, i decided to do a double page spread for my own so that i could add more information.



I also used subsidiary images to create more variety for the contents page.
For my subsidiary images i used images that relates to hip hop. For example the second image is a person break dancing which relates to the culture of hip hop which could not only attract hip hop readers but dancers. For the first image I used a wide shot showing his full costume which is also related to hip hop having a bright variety of clothing. I feel  that i could have used better subsidiary images but due to lack of time the images were taken at a late notice and didn't give me enough time to plan it.



i followed the codes and conventions of a typical contents page by having the main article as the biggest image on the page. The image also relates to the hip hop/ rap genre because the graffiti that is seen on the background.

 the title of my contents is similar to Q's contents page with the use of black, red and white. I chose this because it is simple but also at the same time looks attractive. I also added the month and page number to give readers information on what issue it is.  I also included the magazines web address to show that it is a multi platform company.
  

for the main image on my contents page links to the article and straight away shows that its a hip hop/rap related image because of the graffiti that is seen on the background. I think this image really works with the contents page because it stands out really well in the page.


I also added an editors box just like Q's magazine so it creates more interactivity with the readers. for the contents page colour scheme i chose a mixture of red, white and black. I chose these colours because they are both appealing to both male and female audience. I think the use of bright colours catches the readers eyes more.

For page numbers, I went up to 60 to show that my magazine has wide range of interviews and stories for the readers. I used names of popular hip hop artists to catch the readers eyes and at the same time show that my magazine is a successful brand because it is able to gain access to big artists.



No comments:

Post a Comment